Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thing #21: Podcasts and Videocasts

I'm glad the creators of "23 Things" gave us lots of guidelines for creating and posting our videocast. Although I never dreamed I would be creating these, it really wasn't all that hard with the step-by-step instructions. Our own Techbrarian conducted a workshop in the early part of summer on Photostory. Fortunately I attended and became somewhat familiar with the program then. It is so easy to use and seems like a simpler version of PowerPoint.

I greatly admire all the librarians out there who are creating digital book reviews and trailers with this technology. I am a fairly slow reader and tend to get sidetracked with other things, so I would need to collaborate with other teachers and/or staff at my school who read a lot, or share responsibilities with my high school book club, in order to create and maintain a book blog. I think the kids will love using Photostory and Audacity for all sorts of assignments. And after this practice, I believe I will be able to help them with their projects.

My videocast was made from family pictures of my great nieces and used by permission from their mother. The music is from Photostory.


2 comments:

  1. I love your photo story and the music. Isn't it neat how this software can take digital stills and make "moving pictures" of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on Thing 12 and saw your sunflower video. Beautiful flowers and girls. I love the part with the hand on the face of the sunflowers to indicate the size. I love to use Photostory and have created a "Texas Bluebonnet Award Nominees 2009-2010" video using it which I uploaded it to Teacher Tube. Nice work.:)

    ReplyDelete