Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing #16: Wikis

I am thinking of several different ways to use a wiki in my library. Even though I tried it before with my book club, I was not diligent in getting the kids to use it. Once I show them all the possibilities... reviews, comments, lists of titles, ratings, opinions, anything they want to say about books, etc., I think they will jump on board and be eager to participate. And then as a UIL sponsor, I'm always looking for new ideas to get the kids to learn the material. They could post study tips or trading cards they have made from Big Huge Labs. What a great way to learn about authors and their works!

One of the most useful wikis on the list for me will be Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki. This is a wonderful source for all things library related. Our district has a subscription to Atomic Learning, so I signed on and watched 5 or 6 tutorials about setting up a wiki. I am so anxious to use this tool. Thanks, SBISD, for all your hard work to create such a useful summer workshop and for allowing all the rest of us to benefit from it!

1 comment:

  1. I second that, Spring Branch; this has been a fun way to learn for the summer.

    ReplyDelete