Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thing #9: Useful Library-Related Blogs and News Feeds

Of all the search tools explored in this exercise, I liked Google Blog Search and Blogline's Search Tool for their ease of use. But Technorati was probably my favorite, because of its Blog Directory and Top 100 Blogs. There you can see links of blogs by subject and by popularity. The most unusual blog I found was on Technorati's Top 100, and it was called "Post Secret." It is described as "an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard." It is very unique and worth taking a look.

Syndic8.com was my least favorite search tool. It seemed too busy and remote for my taste. I didn't find much there that I was interested in. For now I will stick with a few library blogs I already knew about.

Our district also subscribes to Atomic Learning, so I will be reviewing this subject throughout the summer using their tutorials.

1 comment:

  1. sorry to do this here but I need help in trying to reach TechbrarianTalk from your district. She has put limits on her comments and we can not leave comments. I have sent her an email but have not heard back from . If you can contact her, please ask her to check her mail thanks

    ReplyDelete