Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thing #5 - Flickr

What a great way of sharing photos! I especially like being able to use Flickr's Creative Commons to know exactly what permissions are given for their use. I will be adding Flickr to my school web page and teaching the students how to use it.

I chose a picture of an altered book from "T" altered art at http://www.flickr.com/photos/teresa-stanton/550133479/ for this post because I am fascinated by the combinations of art and books. One of my favorite presentations at TLA this year was on altered books. Two Art 3 students in my school have loaned their altered books projects to the library for a year or two. I will be displaying them in the fall. This would be a great project for my book club.

2 comments:

  1. I share your interest in "altered books". I think maybe Flickr is Thing 4. I like the picture that you chose. By the way, my Avatar is not always showing up now and yours is the same way. We need to get some help from someone on this, I guess. I even tried recreating mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I corrected my posts but just had to have a #4 anyway--even though it is out of order. That may bother me more than not having one so I may delete it! Have you noticed there are now 77 bloggers on this site. I think maybe Dana is going to join us. I gave her all the inf.

    ReplyDelete