Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thing #7 - Cool Google Tools

For this exercise I have created 3 alerts... one to follow my favorite hometown athlete, one for my hobby and one to gather more information about an educational topic that is relevant to my situation at the present time. My district is looking at providing a laptop for each student in the near future, and we will need lots of input on how other districts who are doing this manage their one-to-one initiative. I have limited the athletic alert to news only, but set the other two to comprehensive so that I will receive as much information as possible on those subjects.

The other Google tool I am exploring extensively is Picasa web albums. I am really excited about this one for personal use, as well as for certain assignments at school. As students are required to create more presentations and digital assignments, Picasa will be useful for locating, arranging and storing their pictures.

In the fall, I am looking forward to introducing our high school students to Google Docs and Google Scholar when they are writing research papers.

1 comment:

  1. The daily arrival of a Google search has been a wonderful addition to my life this year.

    ReplyDelete