Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thing #23: Summarize Your Thoughts About This Program

This has been an awesome experience for me. Thank you, Spring Branch, for providing this training and especially for opening it up to those of us who are not part of your district. Please don't take down your blog... ever! I plan to come back to it over and over again.

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I especially liked the image generators, and being able to create all that by embedding a code instead of writing it! Blogging has become very exciting for me, both professionally and personally. And, I go back to my Thing #21 a lot just to play my videocast. Every time, I ask myself, "Did I really do that?"

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I am happy to say that for these 23 Things, I have conquered my hardest habit of lifelong learning by successfully viewing my problems as challenges. For the most part, I have worked through any problems I had without giving up, knowing that I would learn the process better by figuring it out for myself. This has given me more confidence in my technology skills and my ability to learn new things. I definitely want to come back and revisit some of the "things", both as a review and to continue what I started here.

3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
My biggest surprise is that I am no longer afraid to try some of these Web 2.0 tools. I've seen how others are using them and want to be a part of that excitement. And I've also seen lots of different library blogs... some that are filled with comments from students and others, and some that have had very little response. But the blogger keeps on blogging anyway, and that has inspired me to keep at it, even if at first I don't have a lot of feedback.

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I have no complaints at all. You gave us just enough information to complete each task, but not so much that we weren't challenged. And I love the self-paced format.

5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
Absolutely, without a doubt.

6. How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
This was the best learning experience I've had since library school!

7. Now go and comment on some of the other Players' blogs?
I've commented some as we went along, but I have a goal to go back and read parts of all the Players' blogs. Every time I read one I get a new, fresh idea.

2 comments:

  1. yEA! You're done with days to spare. It was fun, wasn't it. Let's remind each other to keep up this lifetime of learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry...the blog will remain available for ....!!
    Hope that your group will share all your plans and successes thru the various blogs. We arevery glad you joined us in the playground

    ReplyDelete